In Yahoo! Mail or Yahoo! Mail Classic, you can address messages quickly using nicknames. Evidently, this only works for address book entries that contain a nickname.
Add Nicknames to your Contacts in the Yahoo! Address BookTo add a nickname to a Yahoo! Mail contact:
- Select Contacts from Yahoo! Mail's mailbox list.
- Highlight the desired address book entry.
- Click Edit in the toolbar.
- Type the desired nickname under Nickname:.
- Click Save.
Add Nicknames to your Contacts in the Yahoo! Mail Classic Address BookTo add a nickname to a contact in your Yahoo! Mail Classic address book:
- Click the Addresses link in the Yahoo! Mail Classic toolbar.
- Select Edit to the right of the contact to be associated with a nickname.
- Enter the desired nickname under Nickname:.
- Nicknames must be unique and cannot contain spaces or commas.
- Click Save Contact to save the new nickname.