Yahoo! Mail, Windows Live Hotmail, Yahoo! Mail, and Windows Live Hotmail again: it's a wild dance of tab shuffling, and you've had enough of it.
Fortunately, it's easy to set up a Yahoo! Mail Plus account in Windows Live Hotmail. New messages will arrive in your default Inbox or even a dedicated folder automatically, and you can shuffle other site's tabs...
Access Yahoo! Mail in Windows Live HotmailTo have Windows Live Hotmail download mail from a Yahoo! Mail Plus account:
- Make sure you are signed up for Yahoo! Mail Plus.
- Choose Options | More Options in your Windows Live Hotmail Inbox.
- Click Send and receive mail from other e-mail accounts link under Manage your account.
- Follow the Add an e-mail account link under You can receive mail from these accounts.
- Type your Yahoo! Mail address under E-mail address:.
- Enter your Yahoo! Mail password under Password:.
- Click Next.
- Choose where you want new Yahoo! Mail messages to arrive under When mail is sent to email@example.com, where do you want it to go?.
- Pick a color for new Yahoo! Mail messages under How would you like unread messages for firstname.lastname@example.org to appear?.
- Click Save.
Note that, as an alternative to POP access, you can also have Yahoo! Mail forward new messages to your Windows Live Hotmail address.